02 January 2010

The Holiday Road (to recovery)

Happy new year my friends! Wow, twenty ten; that just sounds nice and futuristic. Seeing that I have always been an early adopter of all things new this year has a good vibe to it.

My wife Angie and I have had a blessed 2009 and look forward to the good things in store for 2010. 2009, what a great year it was: Angie got a fantastic new full time job she loves while I was allowed the privilege of becoming Mr. Mom with my proudest achievement, my family. We all enjoyed a Myrtle Beach vacation with Angie’s mother and my brother-in-law and his crew. The ‘09 holiday season has been my all time favorite. Thanksgiving was a blast; then Christmas Eve at my house with my sisters, my mom, the nieces and nephews joining my gang at our house; another celebration in north Georgia with my dad’s sisters on Sunday and yesterday, New Year’s Day, we opened gifts at my mother-in-law’s. Whew! What fun we all had.

The Turning Point

Through a process that has taken about 2 years to fulfill I have discovered with self-taught study of the human psyche that I fit into a melancholy temperament.  I have fought deep depression my whole adult live through  introspection and will. I have not been very successful, especially in the will department. Introspection has been a heavy burden because I have had my head stuck in an unremarkable past thinking this was truly therapeutic. I was dead wrong. One day recently, during the holiday season, I had an aha moment. I had been going through the motions letting one day melt into another when I realized that have so much to be thankful for here and now. I have a wonderful wife and great kids. They are what I have always wanted. Angie is a companion in the truest sense of the word, she is the model wife. My kids are my most valuable education; I have learned far more from them than they have from me.  And I continue to evolve personally and desire a more positive forward thinking outlook. Now I have a more keen since of purpose that I feel was lacking before. A new focus on the present has emerged and our hope is for a brighter future.

Stay tuned
© copyright 2010 the Peanut Whistle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Labels

1980's (1) 1983 (1) 1984 (2) 1990 (2) 1991 (2) 1992 (1) 2010 (3) 2011 National Quartet Convention (3) 75 (1) 8 track (1) ABC (2) american (2) analog sound (2) audio (7) awesome Gospel airchecks (4) Bill Gaither (1) birthday (1) blogging (13) Bluetooth (1) bologna (1) book diary (1) Brad Paisley (1) Breakfast with Burl (3) Burl Womack (3) Career achievement award (2) career choices (3) catholic (1) CCM (7) Chris Watkins (1) Christian Country (1) christian scandals (1) church (2) church culture (2) Classic Imperials (1) computers (1) consolodation (1) country (2) Country music (3) crossover (1) Dennis the Menace (1) depression cure (2) digital (2) Digital vs. Analog (1) Dixie Melody Boys (1) DJ (5) Dogs (1) economy (2) electronics (5) Elvis (2) exercise (1) Facebook (2) family history (1) family life (19) FCC (1) football (5) Ford (1) Foreigner (1) Fun (1) Gaither Vocal Band (1) Garden City Georgia (1) general store (1) Georgia Radio Hall of Fame (1) Gospel music (8) Gospel Rewind Radio (2) gramophone records (1) Gran Torino (1) Grin Radio (1) Halloween (1) health (1) history (1) Humor (4) Imperials favorite group (1) impractical ideas (1) insomna (1) Internet (4) Internet radio (4) Irish (1) J900 (1) kids (2) Let's Make a Deal (1) Lulow Porch (1) marketing (2) modification (2) network news (1) New media (3) New Year (1) Novelties (1) Paul Harvey (2) peanut whistle (8) podbean (1) podcast (1) podcasting (1) pop history (5) programming (3) psychology (1) radio (15) radio history (31) radio production notes (3) random (2) restoration (5) retail (1) Rock music crossover (1) rural (1) Saint Patrick's Day (1) Satire (1) Savannah (5) Savannah Skate Inn (5) Skate culture (3) small market radio (3) small town (2) small town radio (7) society (3) southern culture (11) southern gospel (7) Sports-Talk (1) talent (3) technology (17) Telecommunications Act of 1996 (3) telephone (1) television (2) The Beatles (1) Tiger Woods (1) tour (2) TV (2) video (1) vinyl (2) WBKI (2) WDCY-AM (2) WEAS (7) weather (1) Wendy Bagwell (1) WGUN-AM (1) whimsy (1) Winans (1) WKRP in Cincinnati (2) WNMT (1) woodworking (4) work (2) WSB-AM (1) WSPZ aircheck (1) WWJD (4) WZAT (3) YouTube (3) Z-102 (3)